Thursday, March 02, 2006

My own blogging 101

I went back recently and re-read my posts after six weeks of my first blog. It's interesting to see what you reveal over the course of time. The most I opened up in my blog was in my "100 things about me" post. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not ready yet to just "throw it all out there". I'm my own worst critic and noticed that some of my observations are whiny (shut up keith...) and some are just plain pointless. But I did mention one of my goals was to write for a newspaper or magazine and this was a test to see if i could write or "keep a journal" over a long period of time. In the regard I'm doing better than i thought. I can't tell you how many discarded wire notebooks are in a box with one or two writings. Usually they begin on January1st (you know the drill).
Hopefully I'll be able to get a little more under the surface with me. Its been a bit of a rough week with everyone in the house getting nailed with stomach flu. And thanks to all the yick (a medical term) I was kicking up in my gut, Its done a number on my voice. I'm about 3 octaves lower when it works....so its a new month, a month I love AND hate. My birthday and my moms birthdays are in march. Its a month that NEVER seems to end. 31 days with NO holidays and no I dont include St. Patricks day as such (altho it is my moms birthday). But its also month that brings an end to winter (at least on the calender..Boston is home to a major April fools day blizzard in 1997) and Spring training games begin.
..also wish me well...I still haven't found an "over 35" soccer team to play for this spring and i'm getting nervous...the season usually starts early to mid-april.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

ahhh the pre birthday, "what the fuck am I doing with my life" thing... Yip been there!! Good that you are making goals!


Glad that you are feeling better and I am thinking Barry White in the voice...no? hehehe

You can PRETEND that March brings winter to an end up there in Bean Town... but I know that is not the truth!! It will be May before that happens!!!lol... Then wham it will be summer.

I am just happy that the days are getting longer again! I definitely get that winter blues thing because of lack of light.


I made you chuckle with the blog, did I? Hope there was no spitting of the coffee! lol

8:49 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

You never did tell me where you lived in mass?

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home