Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Somebody PLEASE help George Michael!!!




I can say straight away that George Michael is my all time favorite singer. I've been a fan since the days when WHAM! was doing songs like "Bad Boys", "WHAM RAP" even before the "Make It Big" CD with "Wake me up"....."Careless Whisper" etc....

I know hes had his troubles with his label, lost a lover, lost his mom...I appreciate that.

Last year he finally brought out a cd in the states with all new music. It was average. George could sing the phonebook and make it sound good buts its the SONGS. no hooks....just ok stuff.

He just put out an online EP with four songs....AGAIN....just ok.....

and we come to yesterday........

Elton John went thru a very dark period in the lates 80s. Just look at a cd of his from around 1990. He looks like SHIT. White hair..bald.....and somehow he turned it around. He came out with "The One" cd....did the "Lion King" and has never looked back.

I guess i'm just venting out of frustration because pop music to me just SUCKS right now.
Maybe because I work in radio, and KNOW the music bix but i can't tell you the last time
I got excited about a CD coming out...

Cmon George.....get clean....get happy and bring us some great music.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

ok... I am not a huge fan of his, but I do appreciate that he took ownership of his drug use this time... didnt claim not to inhale... or skirt it.

I agree about pop music... very few really exciting songs/artists. I have totally gotten into Alternative music (and foreign bands)these days because there is so much more variety. Also there is something just WRONG about listening to Gwen sing its bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s! (perhaps it is that my kids run around the house doing so)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

i feel so bad for him

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home