Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Grass is always Greener theory

After posting and reading blogs for the last couple of weeks I've come to this un-exciting conclusion. Other peoples lives (for the most part) arent any more exciting than yours. If you're married, you're probably going thru the same problems. Kids? got them....going thru
the challenges at EACH age. Don't let anyone convince you that the "terrible twos" are any better of worse than 3 or 4. Its getting something out of the ordinary....

Thats a challenge for me. I have my two kids all day while my wife works and then i go to
work at night. Fortunately I have a job i enjoy and most of the time I like doing my thing.
Even the one hour commute into Boston traffic for the most part doesn't phase me. Some nights the ride home can be a grind.

Just surf a few blogs to pick up what i'm driving at....read about people or better yet, walk around the mall or your local supermarket at look at your fellow man. See the guy whos entire days revolves around scratch tickets. In my job, I talk to the public all night and you'd be amazed at how "routine" most peoples lives are.

I saw a segment this morning on the "Today" show about a family from Chicago who moved to Tuscany. I started thinking "could i do this??". maybe move overseas, adopt a new language
a new culture, be that far from family. It did sound very glamourous and romantic but WOULD I have the stones to do it. Bring up my kids outside the USA....When i was 18, I went to school in Arizona.....it was a big move from Massachusetts to go that far to school but loved it. But I wonder at 42....would i have the guts to do something like that again......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home