Monday, February 06, 2006

Another thing from my younger days SUCKS


I dont watch Saturday Night Live like I used to. When i was in junior high and especially in high school, the show was big among myself and my friends. We would re-enact skits, worship in a high school kind of way the characters....the coneheads, Samuri from Belushi etc etc. So when i saw Steve Martin was hosting, I thought it would be a good show to TIVO. I don't think i've seen the show this season. I was hoping they might give a "nod" to the good ol' days. What we got was shit, crap all rolled into one. It was painful to watch. The skits are so unfunny I didnt make to 12:15. The old "Not ready For Prime Time Players" seemed larger than life to me, but than again so did the MTV VJ's when MTV signed on and I know one of their VJs well so there goes that theory. www.damienfahey.com . Maybe things just seemed funnier when i was younger, but i think in this case, its got nothing to do with nostaglia, but everything to do with quality.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

ya it just has gotten so much better in quality of production and writing that the old stuff really seems awful!!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Busy Mom said...

Most of the skits do suck, but, I still think Steve himself is funny. However, on the rare occasion that SNL is still funny, they are quite funny!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home