Thursday, February 02, 2006

People in and out of your life



This is something that has ALWAYS fascinated me. Whether its a relationship or school or work...I'm fascinated about how people come and go out of your life. I still wonder what became of people I went to school with. Not just the "inner" circle of my group of friends. How about your ex? their family, brothers and sisters, moms and dads. I just touched base with a friend of mine from my fraternity that i had NOT talked to since I graduated from college in 1986. He posted some photos from a spring break trip that i never seen. Seeing myself 20 years ago was like that moment your forsee when they say "your life passed before your eyes". Yesterday i was driving my four year old to preschool with the one year old in the other seat. A song came on from a time when i was dating an old girlfriend. An old girlfriend who I was engaged to ( to which a completely new post it would take to tell the story). But i was watching the two (my kids and the old song) clash thru my mental time machine. It was amazing to me at that moment to realize how much had changed in my life. The directions i had taken and where she ended up (divorced). How bout' people you've worked with everyday and changed jobs and lost track of them. As i gotten older, i've realized just HOW hard it is when you get married and have kids to maintain relationships. There are a couple of guys i used to work with and go to school with who i used to see everyday that have evaporated to me. I've tried to track them down with out an ounce of success. It's kind of sad. Life REALLY does move fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home