Friday, May 05, 2006

Wal Mart versus Target

Let me cut to the chase I hate Wal Mart. Not for the reasons some get bent out of shape with them coming to town. I hate them as a consumer. I went with the kids to pick up a few things.
I was looking for storage for my closet and they had shit. I just looked around and it was like being in a George Romero movie. One of his great zombie flicks. People out in the middle of the days wearing clothes that looked they had been in the dirty pile for "quite awile". You know the type the oversized neon orange pants. BUT i'm stunned the fucking place is packed at 1pm on Friday! It was like shopping on the weekend. We get to the "speedy checkout" lane (exactly what it was called) and there are about 4 or five people ahead of us and I'm watching the cashier who keeps getting distracted from other workers...You know....its time to change the "change drawer". Fortunately for me as my life force ebbed away, My two kids were pretty good. Alexa hit me up for the requisite "M and Ms" or some funky pen, but i gave the thumbs down without much of a fuss. When we finally get to the line, the cashier spends at LEAST 90 seconds tying up her trash barrel. Can't someone ELSE attack this chore. Can't she ring a fucking BELL like they do at CVS to get some help? The problem here is the Wal mart is about a mile from my house but "Target" is on the other side of town., but after just the strain of this little journey, screw the gas......we love you "Target"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home