Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Milk Cartons

....Kevin Arnold once said on the "Wonder Years" something like..."it was back in the day when a kid could go for a walk after dark and not have to worry about ending up on a milk carton..."I bring that up b/c thats how i feel about my kids going to school in this new era....post Columbine and now Virginia Tech. I never once in high school or college ever thought i wasunsafe. I've watched the coverage and just keep shaking my head.....I wandered my old neighborhood from ages 5-12....you know the drill...be home when the street lights come on. With Alexa...if i let her in the backyard..i have to know at all times where she is. Its SUCH a different world. Think about it...we're only talking 35 years or so since i was Alexas age. What will it be like for her kids??

Why? Thats what i keep thinking about things at VT. WHY.....

My kids will always have school security that i never had to deal with...I don't even know what to write its so mind numbing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home