Friday, April 11, 2008

The decline and FALL of a movie lover

My movie watching and to a lesser extent, movie going, have declined like a bad week in the stock market. At one time i WORKED at a theatre, had to WORK to find a movie that I had not seen. In my "heyday" as a movie renter in the early and mid 90's, I kept Blockbuster in Business. It was part of my friday routine to pick up a movie or two.....It should be noted that i am NOT married to a movie lover but that is only part of the issue. I have access to Blockbuster's version of Netflix and find that i use more for the kids than myself. I can even take my movies TO Blockbuster and exchange them for MORE movies....Last Saturday i wandered thru all the new releases, most I had not seen and NOTHING jumped out to me. It wasn't a hard fought battle basically starting with the "A"s and to the end....and back to see if i missed something. I didn't.
This weekend there is four days of FREE STARZ...the movie channel....I scrolled thru program guide hoping to see something to DVR....What did i come up with? "Platoon". A 20 year old movie.....

SAD..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home