Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Scary thing about Sam The Butcher...

Allan Melvin, the guy who played Sam The Butcher on the "Brady Bunch" died in the last week.
SO why is this scary to me?

When I watched this show as a kid, I thought of Mr. Brady as being "old" because he was a parent. As a kid, I remember anyone over 16 as old. But Mr. Brady had a cool job , he took the kids on great trips, even if they were "business" related....The Grand Canyon, Kings Island (damm those plans) and of course the mother of all their trips....Hawaii. Vincent Price, cursed Island Idols...crazy natives telling them, "My father say never go there, I never go...." Spiders in their hotel room...wow.....

and then there was SAM......

He wanted to date Alice...who by the way, was never age identified. I think my kid brain put her somewhere between 30-65....but Sam was the never been married bachelor. He seemed old,
un-hip, square....the kind of guy desperate to find someone late in life. And by the way, WHO owns a meat locker with no way out? I'll bet many a butcher shop safety protocol was re-written after that episode aired.

WHY am i scared....? BECAUSE ALLAN Melvin died at 84 years old....which means he was 44
during that first season.....

I'll be 45 in March....

1 Comments:

Blogger Katsoulis said...

Might want to check that math...

It will make you feel better about your age.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home