Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Sure Thing



I was in the basement over the weekend. The clutter from the holidays had completely over run everything...So when i had some time this past weekend....I decided to DE-clutter. Area one was near the DVDS. This area had become over run with bins of random toys brought into the basement as a Toy-holding pen....a toxic toy dump to get them out of the way for the holidays.




Of course they remained there well into January.




So to keep me entertained, I grabbed one of a few movies i've purchased over the last year but never watched...."The Sure Thing"

Still like the movie and and planning to listen to the commentary...But it struck me that John Cusack character had that same "feel" as he did in "Say Anything" wisecracking, a slightly left of center kid....Of course what stood out to me was....A pre-ER Anthony Edwards with hair (the hair can be seen in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"..a pre-Desperate Housewives Nicolette Sheridan....and a pre-Susan Saradon (or maybe not) Tim Robbins in a small role. It does strike me that certain movies from the 80's scream 80s and this one certainly does. I'm also noticing that it is getting harder for me to tell the difference between 80s movies with John and 80s movies with Matthew Broderick. Insert Cusack into the "War Games" main character....
See? no problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home