Monday, September 10, 2007

And more middle age madness


I just saw Rob Zombies remake or re-do of "Halloween". The movie wasn't bad...violent beyond reason. I liked the backstory of Michael Myers..Once he gets to the institution it starts to slide downhill and by the time you get to Haddonfield it had gone on too long. Its like they had to compress the original "Halloween" into the last third of the film. I didn't really care about the characters who got wacked. The film as a whole was ok....


buts thats NOT the reason i'm posting....


Maybe i'm getting old but why doenst the sound have to be so mother fucking LOUD!???. I love a great sound system, but do they have to have the sound at warp 30? I'm watching the previews (think there were 6 of them) and everyone had, trucks exploding, serpents coming out of the sea, people screaming etc..etc...and then during the actual film (where by the way i had the WHOLE place to myself.....3:45 on a monday afternoon). Ever scene where Michael Myers

jumped out from beyond the shadows made me jump out of my fucking skin. I seriously felt like i need a drink after seeing the movie. Speaking of the movie, outside of the woman who tore my ticket, I didnt interact with another human being the ENTIRE time i was at the theatre. I bought my ticket at the self service kiosk...bought nothing at the consession stand ( i WAS tempted by the giant bag of Twizzlers but said no....). Sat alone.....never saw an usher..and walked out.


Made me realize why so many of us just wait for the DVD.....at least i can FF thru the previews and control the mother fucking volume.....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home