Monday, August 28, 2006

Blame pie eaten only by me

This is another post you can skip if you want. Its something should have written around noon yesterday. Backstory:

When i started playing soccer about 18 months ago and started running for real last March I made some progress in losing weight. I lost about 25 pounds thru last fall, put ten back on during the holidays and the winter...thru the spring i took off the ten and thats where it has stopped........MY fault. At the end of the spring season (early june), I made a mental note to drop 20 before the fall season (which started yesterday). Ya its great i can play soccer at my age (43) and yes I can run farther than anytime in my adult life, big fucking deal.

I still feel like i'm the slowest asshole on the field.....I exercised plenty this summer...thru the humidity so what happened? What caused my progress to grind to a halt? ME, moi, the guy writing the post....stupidity.

I work nights and blow it late.....one too many trips to mike and ike machine (dont laugh...pure fucking sugar).....bags of pretzels mid shift......nibbling when i get home....how many handfulls of gold fish have i had this summer. I dont eat big meals at work so i've narrowed the problem.

This isnt a "oh woe is me post"...I'm on vacation this week, figured it would be a good week to get my house in order (not to be confused with my vacation 2 do). To start a food log (dont worry it wont be on the blog)....

I can't tell you how many times I've left the soccer field since spring of 05' pissed off at me, determined to make changes, get my proverbial "shit" together.....I'm not expecting miracles, I know i'm 43, but i also know I have a very good understanding of nutrition and diet. . So hennce forth I will note the following: PLSBP: Pounds Lost Since Blame Pie.

So off we go as I try to get this post in before midnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home